11. Naturopathic Pain – New research suggests that repeated administration of CBD reduces neuropathic pain. (https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/904290)
12. Drug Addiction – The use of CBD can reduce morphine dependency and heroin-seeking behaviour as it modifies circuits in the brain relating to drug addiction. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4444130/)
13. Myofascial Pain – A painful condition that affects the fascia which is connective tissue that covers the muscles. This suggests that cannabidiol (CBD) can provide relief for chronic disorders.
14. Ischemic Heart diseases – It has been shown within a rat model that CBD may have a systemic immunomodulatory effect. https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpheart.00098.2007
15. Cancer – It has been stated that CBD oil combined with THC can relieve cancer-related pain where pain medication was not effective.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19896326 The CBD on it’s own may also help with chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2997305/)
16. Kaposi Sarcoma-associated herpesvirus
A form of herpesvirus this study suggests that CBD exerts its effects on KSVH-infected endothelium. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23264851
17. Insomnia – Preliminary research suggests that CBD may have therapeutic potential for treating insomnia (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28349316)
18. Heart Damage
Although it has not been investigated if CBD can reverse heart damage, it has been demonstrated that it can reduce oxidative stress and prevented heart damage in diabetic mice with heart disease.
19. Inflammatory lung disease – This study states that the present and previous data suggests CBD may be used as a therapeutic tool for inflammatory lung disease.
20. Restless Leg Syndrome – This study used a small pool of patients to demonstrate how it helps restless leg syndrome. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1389945717302228
21. Hypertension (High Blood pressure)
Studies indicate that CBD may be able to help with high blood pressure https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5470879/.
22. Sickle Cell Anemia – Although not a treatment for the disease it has been shown to reduce pain and improve the mood of patients. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2141.2005.05723.
23. Deep Vein Thrombosis – Studies suggest that CBD displays anticoagulant activity and an anti-inflammatory it may help with DVT.https://thoughtcloud.net/cbd-for-deep-vein-thrombosis-prevention/
24. Diabetes prevention
Although it cannot reverse diabetes it has been seen to help diabetic mice. The treatment saw the incidence of diabetes reduce by 56%. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16698671
25. Atherosclerosis – A disease in which plaque builds up inside an individual’s arteries, CBD has proven to reduce the progression of atherosclerosis. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22430005
26. Fibromyalgia – A condition that has no known cure, it causes pain all over the body (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fibromyalgia/). The study showed use of cannabis was associated with beneficial effects on some FM symptoms https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18404144
27. Viral Hepatitis – There is evidence that cannabidiol (CBD) exhibits activity against viral hepatitis C. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28250664
28. Motor Neuron Disease – Although a combination of THC and CBD is required for the effect, it was shown to have minimal to mild adverse effects. The combination was shown to have a positive impact on treatment-resistant spasticity and pain. https://www.healtheuropa.eu/motor-neuron-disease-symptoms-cannabis-sativa-plant/89408/)
29. Asthma – A chronic respiratory disorder that means it may be difficult for the patient to breath. The journal published by Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics showed that CBD protects the lungs (https://uk.formulaswiss.com/blogs/cbd-and-asthma/how-to-use-cbd-for-asthma).
30. Multiple Sclerosis – A combination of THC and CBD can be effective in treating pain within MS. Participants witnessed improvements in pain, walking and muscle spasms. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25699191)
31. Metabolic Syndrome –
Cannabidiol (CBD) may alleviate hyperplasia, without the side effects of rimonabant. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22430005
32. Encephalomyelitis (EAE) – Defined as the inflammation of the brain and spinal cord which typically develops due to an active viral infection. There has been a study on mice that suggests that a daily treatment of 1% CBD-cream may show neuroprotective effects against EAE.
Another study gave 214 people with severe epilepsy 0.9–2.3 grams of CBD oil per pound (2–5 g/kg) of body weight. Their seizures reduced by a median of 36.5% (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26724101)